Saturday, January 20, 2007

Industrial training (part 1)

After 5 days, I will say goodbye to my company and go back to MMU for my final trimester. These 3 months' industrial training is really an eye-opening one for me.

At the very beginning, I thought that as long as I am hardworking, try my best to finish every task assigned, be honest to my supervisor and myself, all my good work will be appreciated. But the truth is not as easy as that. In the company, everyone want to show off in front of their boss, even they didn't do much. And the truth tell me, sometime, we must learn the way to show off. But, I still not get used to it. May be three months is too short for me. May be I shouldn't be so honest. Or may be I need to re-evaluate myself and adapt to the job environment. I don't like politic in working space. And I don't want to be the one. During the industrial training period, I used to be scolded due to my honesty. They say I am lack of responsibility. But actually I am telling the truth and I never say that I will ignore the problem. :) May be I need to learn more in word using while talking in working space. :)

During the training, I realise that the manner for Uni First Class Degree graduates still have a space for improvement. Twice, I hold the lift and wait for every First Class Degree graduates to enter the lift and go out from the lift. But, about 10 of them, none of them show their appreciation. But when I do the same thing to foreigner, they will at least give me a smile or even a "thanks". That is the way to show appreciation and cultivate good culture. A smile, will bright up the world. First Class degree shouldn't be just a measurement of your result, but it should be the measurement of your manner.

p/s: After Kiang comment on this post, found that I might misleading everyone that the working environment in the company of my training is full of politic matter. :) Actually, I don't mean that. Really sorry for every misunderstand caused. In fact, the company is having good working culture where every engineer there say that they truly love the company because there are no politic in the company. :) Apologize on any misunderstanding I caused. ^:)^

5 comments:

kiang said...

i think i am lucky to be assigned to my company. maybe it is too short for me to see what is the true working environment, but at least i have never see the show off style among them. and they are all friendly people. now i am kinda miss them. haha... and the good friendship among trainees :)
all the best for the next five days :)

Jynee said...

haha, kiang, I don't mean that there are someone want to show off among the staff there. :) Normally only fresh graduate like to show off in front of their supervisor. They just want to ensure their capability. :) No comment on that. :) Overall, the company I worked at is quite good. :) A lot of staff there say they like the company because there are no politic in the company. :) But, as trainee, I seldom have chance to mix around with all the engineer there. :) So, no comment on it. :)

*~Shy~*

Jocelyn said...

Why u didnt come over to kacau me and WaiYing :P ...

Jynee said...

Haha... cos I am good gal, guai gal... :)) And my supervisor so sayang leng lui, if I go kacau both of you, and you complaint to my supervisor... :)) then I ma 自找麻烦. :))

:P

*~Shy~*

Jocelyn said...

S.i.l.l.y. :P
Don't know what has happened actually. But as long as you have learnt over the lesson, then mar OK lo. :). 深山不好修行,人群中才是好道场 嘛。 Enjoy your campus life!